The banking and financial services sectors are rapidly evolving due to digital transformation, facing increased regulation and cybersecurity concerns. Lantronix addresses the critical role of data and communication networks in these institutions, offering secure, scalable IT solutions for out-of-band management. They present a case study where a German financial institution needed remote out-of-band management with a clear audit trail, and Lantronix’s SLC 8000 console manager solved these issues. The benefits included rapid deployment, centralized monitoring, secure access, and scalability.
Similarly, Perle offers technology for managing remote equipment in financial institutions, enabling efficient connectivity, diagnostics, and configuration. Their Console Servers and Fiber Media Converters ensure network stability and accessibility. In another case, a North American bank required LAN access for a critical reporting application in 90 branch offices with specific serial printers. Perle’s IOLAN DS1 single-port serial device server allowed network enablement of existing printers, avoiding costly replacements and standardizing operations across branches, ultimately improving their ROI.
Console Servers, Device Management, Solution & Services
Lantronix SLC 8000 – ADVANCE CONSOLE MANAGER
Lantronix SLC 8000 is the industry’s first advanced modular console manager that provides secure access to IT equipment with RS-232 and USB consoles and/or Ethernet, while minimizing deployment headaches and time. Complete this solution with ConsoleFlow™, a centralized and automated monitoring management software.
- Resilience – Align your infrastructure growth plans for cost-effective scalability and flexibility with swappable I/O modules for RJ45 and USB console, and Ethernet.
- More Resilience – Automated failover to cellular and failback, delivering critical business continuity
- Even More Resilience – Vendor-neutral access to your infrastructure assets, manage switches, routers, servers, PDUs and UPSs and IoT environment assets
- Enterprise Security – Trusted secure access from the data center to the edge with User Authentication, secure protocols, and user access permissions
- Intelligence – ConsoleFlow™ provides visibility and control and drives software-defined automation across all your locations
Console Servers, Device Management, Device Server, Solution & Services
Lantronix LM83X – Advanced Out-of-Band ManagementConsole Servers, Device Management, Device Server, Solution & Services
Lantronix LM83X – Advanced Out-of-Band Management
The Most Advanced Console Server
Designed from the ground up as a modular platform able to act independently from the network to remotely monitor, manage and control up to 104 devices over a serial console connection, the LM83X is the fifth generation Local Manager.
Configurable to manage 8-104 devices directly over RS-232 connections, the LM-Series is also capable of managing virtual environments and SD-WAN deployments to increase resiliency. Virtual ports and port forwarding let you use the out-of-band platform as a resilient toolbox for secure access to all your network infrastructure, automation of day-to-day management, and the go-to source of information and response during network emergencies.SKU: n/a